Forgematic agency is off to a great start. There’s a good chance after this week I’ll have to start a waitlist for client work 😵💫 – strange to type that since I just began client work in December.
If you're interested in writing an issue of Forgematic, stick around to the bottom of the email.
Let’s get into what happened this week!
Social Media & The Creator Economy
- This week, Locket, which is an app for sharing photos to friend’s home screens, hit the top of the app store. It basically uses Apple’s widget system to place photos from your friends directly on your screen.
- Wordle has taken over Twitter and the world. If you’re not sure what Wordle is, surely you’ve seen the colorful blocks of green, yellow, and grey tiles in people’s bios. Here’s what it’s all about and how to get started easily.
- IG is testing a feature that lets creators rearrange their profile grid at will. Want that post from 2 years ago back to the top left? Just put it there! What the hell will we do with all this power?
- Baby Shark is the first YouTube video to hit 10 billion views. Whut. Apologize for making you sing the song in your head just now.
- Men use Pinterest too, damn it. Here’s how they use it now, and how they’ll use it going forward. Spoiler alert: most usage focuses around life improvement and goal setting.
- TikTok’s top earners are really raking it in. Charli D’Amelio (who has the largest following) earned $17.5M last year. Not noted in the article: the lack of diversity among top earners.
- The crew at Later is back at it with an ultra useful guide: The Secret Formula for Instagram Success in 2022. It includes everything from finding new audiences, getting them to stick around, and building a community. It covers all the currently available post types as well.
SEO & Content Marketing
- Kevin Indig (one of my favorite SEO people to follow) shared 3 power tips for using Ahrefs (a popular SEO research tool) in this thread. I like the angle of this because it teaches you a unique way to use product features.
- Writing content for SEO is hard af, and it’s not going to get any easier in 2022. Your writing has to match a searcher’s intent, and deliver a wonderful piece of content to match the person’s query. Here are 17(!) copywriting tips to help your rankings.
- Google’s autocomplete box is getting some interesting enhancements. Autocomplete is that fun thing that happens when you start typing and Google suggests the rest of your search query. Now, they’ll also display questions people ask beside the suggestions.
- Is there such a thing as the best word count for SEO? Is longer content ALWAYS better? Not necessarily, but most data points show your content should be at least 1,000 words.
Copywriting, Branding & Advertising
- There’s no bigger copywriting story this week than the re-launch of marketingexamples by Harry Dry. Harry has put together a massive list of copywriting examples, complete with why they’re so good. You could spend all day here soaking up ideas.
- Alex Garcia put together this power thread in December with 10 tips to increase conversion rates on landing pages. What makes this thread stand out is the comparison photos in each tweet.
- Pinterest users spend twice as much shopping every month compared to non-Pinners. Which makes Pinterest a very underrated place to advertise. Wanna take advantage of those Low CPCs (cost per click, what you pay when someone clicks your ad)? Well, here’s a Pinterest ad guide for 2022 put together by Hootsuite.
- Adding a strong warranty claim is a great way to signal quality to customers, especially if your brand is unfamiliar. Here's a deep dive into why it works, and how to use it.
Your words here
That's it for this week's edition. Thank you all so much for being here, it's been so dope watching the audience grow. If we're not connected on Twitter, come holler at me!
If you want to support Forgematic and keep the newsletter going, here are the top ways to do that:
- Share the newsletter to your friends and ask them to sign up.
- Support with a membership <— psst, the Discord is open so sign up and join us!